About Your Account PIN
Your four-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) provides an added level of security when purchasing minutes, upgrading your plan, and using Remote Start and other OnStar® and Connected Services† features.
How To Set Up Your PIN
1. You are prompted to create your four-digit PIN when you first set up My Account.
2. Use a PIN you can remember but one that others won’t be able to guess. For example, avoid PINs such as 0000, 1234 or your birthday.
How To Change Your PIN
1. Go to Experience.gm.com.
2. Select the account icon.
3. Sign in to My Account.
4. Select the Security tab.
1. In the desktop view, the Security tab will appear on the left side of the screen.
2. In the mobile view, the Security tab will appear along the top of the screen. You may have to scroll left or right to see it.
5. Categories such as Email, Password and PIN will appear. For security reasons, only your email will be displayed; your password and PIN will be masked.
6. In the PIN area, select the Change PIN button. Another screen will open.
7. Enter a new PIN and then reenter it to confirm it. Use a PIN you can remember but one that others won’t be able to guess.
8. Reenter your password to confirm your change. The change to your PIN will take effect immediately.
I Forgot My PIN. What Should I Do?
1. If you forgot your PIN, sign in to My Account and change it.
2. See the instructions above.
A PIN is needed to access some OnStar services, like Remote Door Unlock and Stolen Vehicle Assistance. You will be prompted to change the PIN the first time when speaking with an Advisor. To change the OnStar PIN, call OnStar (1.888-4ONSTAR) and provide the Advisor with the current number.
Looking for something else?
Need more help?
Communicate with one of our specialists.